Online Registration Now Closed; Registrations Accepted Onsite at the Disneyland Hotel!
You asked; IAFN listened! The 2013 Main Conference, held Tuesday, 10/22 through Thursday, 10/24, will be a three-day conference at a greatly reduced rate! As an added bonus, we are now offering the option of a Preconference Clinical Day to enhance your conference experience by receiving three education-packed days PLUS a bonus day of clinical, hands-on training of your choice.Monday, October 21, will be a Preconference Day, featuring the following topics:
- Sexual Assault Clinical Skills Laboratory (This workshop is now full. No onsite registration available for this workshop.)
- Clinical Forensic Nursing Evaluation of the Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Victim
- Clinical Forensic Nursing Evaluation of Abusive Head Trauma in Children
- Forensic Nursing Application of Criminal Trial Testimony
- Resiliency Training for Compassion Fatigue in the Forensic Nursing Specialty
- Clinical Forensic Nursing Evaluation in the Motor Vehicle Accident Patient
- Advanced Anorectal Evaluation of the Sexual Assault Patient with Clinical Skills Laboratory
- Clinical Forensic Nursing Application of Digital Photography
- Clinical Forensic Nursing Evaluation in the Strangulation Patient
The Onsite Registration rate for the Preconference Day is $225 USD for members and $325 USD for nonmembers.
The Onsite Registration rate for the Main Conference (three days) is $450 USD for members and $560 USD for nonmembers.
Airport and Ground Transportation Options
For attendees traveling by air, the closest airport to the Disneyland Hotel is John Wayne Airport, Orange County (SNA), which is about 14 miles from the Disneyland Hotel. Long Beach Airport (LGB) is 21 miles from the hotel and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is 34 miles from the hotel.
John Wayne Airport/Orange County
Shuttle Services: starting at $10 per person/one way
Disneyland Resort Express Bus: $17/$14 per adult/child (age 3-11)/one way; $27/$18/round trip
Taxi: metered rates, ranging from $35-$65 per car or van load/one way
Visit John Wayne Airport’s rate page for detailed info
Long Beach Airport
Shuttle Services: starting at $35 for the first person + $9-$10 each additional person/one way
Taxi: metered rates, ranging from $45-$80 per car or van/one way
Los Angeles International Airport
Shuttle Services: starting at $16 per person/one way
Disneyland Resort Express Bus: $22/$19 per person/child (age 3-11)/one way; $32/$25/round trip
Taxi: metered rates, ranging from $90-$130 per car or van load/one way
Visit Los Angeles International Airport’s rate page for detailed info
Car Rental Options
Car Rental: Avis, Budget, and Hertz have rental counters in the airport terminals.
An Alamo Car Rental is located at Downtown Disney, which is located adjacent to the Disneyland Hotel.
Make reservations at www.alamo.com.
IAFN has negotiated complimentary parking for all IAFN attendees who are guests at the Disneyland Hotel.Information for Exhibitors
Presentations of cutting-edge forensic nursing science and practice are the cornerstone of the International Conference on Forensic Nursing Science and Practice. This year’s conference is aimed at offering opportunities for nurses, researchers, educators, legal professionals, policy makers, and all related professionals to share important knowledge and experiences related to forensic nursing.
- Describe the current state of the science in forensic nursing
- Provide opportunities to exchange knowledge related to the future of forensic nursing
- Identify strategies to influence the future of forensic nursing and the golobal response to violence
- Evaluate the risks and benefits of technological advances as they relate to forensic nursing and issues of violence
- Incorporate evidence-based strategies into forensic nursing practice
- Administrative & Leadership
- Death Investigation
- General Forensic and Legal
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Psychiatry & Corrections.
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE)